Specifications - Scrap Metal Preparation
Some household items need a little preparation before we can accept them for recycling. Please see the list below and call 503-655-5433 if you have any questions.
For recyclable items:
- Motor blocks - pan and filter removed
- Light fixtures - ballasts removed; we buy the ballasts once removed
- Oil and fuel tanks - must be drained, dry and clean with a 1-foot open hole
- Cable - cut into 3-foot lengths or neatly bound
- Vehicles - title or acceptable paperwork required
Call for specifications:
- Sealed containers and propane tanks
- Refrigeration compressors and air conditioners
- Transformers - Call for details
- Refrigerators and freezers - must be drained in accordance with the law; we can provide this service for a fee
Drop Boxes available
If you have a large amount of metal to recycle from a home remodeling or other major project, our Drop Box service is available in the Portland/Vancouver metro area, Clackamas County, and several cities in eastern Oregon and Washington. for more information.